Friday, May 22, 2009

Felicia Sharpfanger's interview


Last night I was in Shreveport, LA at a "29 Mules" concert and I run into a young female vampire.

She was hanging out with a young good looking man, who seemed to be fascinated with this woman (if you could call her that).

I approached the couple cautiously. After a hissing contest from the vampire, who was apparently overly protective of her pray, I managed to get her to chill out and let me buy her a True Blood.

The evening turned out to be more than I ever expected. 

Felicia, that is her name, is a tormented soul. She is someone who has managed to survive the most horrible pains imaginable, the loss of her beloved family, the torture of a cruel maker, and the coming of age in a complete different world. She just recently moved to Louisiana from Arkansas, where she was visiting her maker whom she hadn't seen since they both came together from Spain after the Great Revelation. Felicia, born vampire in 1769, is originally from Torreon, Spain. She speaks perfect English but you can hear a hint of her accent when her voice crackles with the pain of her memories. 

After hearing her story, I wondered how many more tortured souls live out there in this cruel world of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment